When I search for a “headshot photographer” Google returns results with mostly wedding photographers. Why is this?
There could be several reasons why Google returns results for wedding photographers when you search for a “headshot photographer.” Here are a few possibilities:
- Search algorithm: Google’s search algorithm analyzes various factors to determine the most relevant search results. It considers factors such as website content, metadata, user behavior, and historical data. If a significant number of users searching for “corporate photographer” also click on wedding photographer results, it may influence the algorithm to prioritize those results.
- Keyword association: The term “corporate photographer” may share similar keywords or concepts with wedding photography. For example, both may involve capturing professional portraits or working with clients on specific photography needs. Google’s algorithm might associate these terms and present results that are related or overlap in some way.
- User intent: Google aims to understand the intent behind a search query and provide the most helpful results. In some cases, there might be a higher demand for wedding photographers compared to corporate photographers, leading Google to prioritize wedding photography results to cater to user preferences.
- Local results: Google often provides location-based results, especially for service-based businesses like photographers. If there are more wedding photographers in your area or if wedding photography is a popular service in your location, it could influence the search results you see.
To obtain more accurate results for “corporate photographers,” you could try refining your search query by adding specific locations, industry keywords (e.g., “corporate headshot photographer”), or using alternative search engines to see if they yield different results. Additionally, browsing through directories or specialized photography websites might provide more targeted results for corporate photography services.
In General is it advisable to hire a specialist photographer rather than a generalist to do headshots?
- Expertise in portraiture: Specialist photographers who focus on headshots have honed their skills specifically in capturing portraits. They understand the nuances of lighting, composition, posing, and expression that are crucial for creating impactful and professional headshots.
- Knowledge of industry standards: Headshots serve various purposes, such as professional profiles, business websites, or actor/model portfolios. A specialist headshot photographer is well-versed in the specific requirements and expectations of different industries, ensuring that your headshots align with industry standards and convey the desired image.
- Experience in directing subjects: Headshot photography often involves working closely with individuals who may not be experienced models. A specialist photographer knows how to create a comfortable and collaborative environment, guiding subjects to achieve natural and flattering expressions that highlight their unique qualities.
- Specialized equipment and techniques: Specialist headshot photographers typically have access to specialized equipment, such as high-quality cameras, lenses, and studio lighting setups. They understand how to use these tools effectively to capture headshots with crisp detail, appropriate depth of field, and proper lighting for a polished and professional look.
- Post-processing and retouching expertise: Headshots often require some level of post-processing and retouching to enhance the final images while maintaining a natural appearance. A specialist photographer has the skills and experience to perform these tasks with precision, ensuring that your headshots look professional and polished without appearing overly edited.
While a generalist photographer might be capable of capturing headshots, a specialist photographer’s focused expertise and experience in headshot photography can significantly enhance the quality and impact of the final results. When hiring a photographer for headshots, it’s advisable to review their portfolio, assess their experience with headshot photography, and consider client testimonials to ensure that their specialization aligns with your specific needs and expectations.
About Wallis Photo LLC
Established in 2008 I have photographed Campaigns, Magazine Covers, Fortune 100/500 advertising, photography campaigns for Hotels & Universities and numerous Catalogs.
I photograph for large clients all over California that include The Irvine Company, USC, BNY Mellon Bank, UBS, Memorial Care Hospital System and Vizio among others.
Available on location Southern California or in Studio ( Orange County studio location: Irvine)
Call me anytime to discuss a photo shoot (large or small; no obligation or pressure)